Class A Boys – Lincoln Southwest vs. Omaha South – Tuesday, May 18th @ 8:00 PM
Lincoln Southwest – #1 Seed (17-0)
Road To The Finals
- Quarterfinals – Defeated Grand Island 3-0
- Semifinals – Defeated Creighton Prep 1-0
- #1 Nolan Fuelberth – Senior goalkeeper will have to live up to his shot-stopping reputation one final time. The Northern Illinois commit has been a record setter all season. A championship trophy would be an incredible ending to a wonderful career.
- #8 Eli Rhodes – Senior midfielder that controls the most critical part of the pitch. Rhodes has scored 13 goals and assisted 12 times this season. He is the engine of the squad.
- #11 Braden Lackey – Senior attacker that has accounted for 15 goals and 9 assists. He is a next level talent that has introduced himself to us this season.
- #17 Ramzy Hamouda – Senior attacker is perhaps the most explosive player on this team. Hamouda has the ability to take over a game; he could be the difference maker here. His stats are 8 goals and 5 assists.
Omaha South – #2 Seed (20-1)
Road To The Finals
- Quarterfinals – Defeated Millard West 3-1
- Semifinals – Defeated Gretna 3-0
- #9 Edwin Cisneros – Junior forward that has been impressive all season. To understand this talent, only a few clips of his highlights will be needed. Cisneros is a speedy and passionate player that has a certain edge to his game. He will be one to watch next season. He has 10 goals and 10 assists this year.
- #11 Emanuel Palga – Senior midfielder that was listed by us as a player to watch before the season started. Palga has lived up to that billing during the 2021 season. He will be an important factor versus Southwest. 10 goals and 5 assists this season.
- #14 Kevin Becceril – Senior midfielder that is a leading candidate for the boys player of the year. Becceril would add to an already impressive career with this championship. He has been practically unstoppable in front of goal with 25 goals and 4 assists.
NEST Analysis: The top two seeds will meet for what could be an epic match. This game has everything that a soccer supporter could ever want. High quality players will be all over the field, many of them are quite accustomed to putting on a show. Both teams will attack from the very start of the game and neither knows how to back down. Southwest will be attempting to complete its perfect season; this is the moment they have been waiting for. Omaha South continues its tradition of excellence with another trip to the promised land.
Prediction: Who knows about this one?!? I don’t believe anyone could tell you with 100% confidence the outcome of this game. However, this industry requires that I take a stand. If I am going to do that, it’s time to get specific. This game will need more than regulation to decide a champion. It will be 2-2 at the end of regular time, Southwest will score the deciding goal in the first overtime. Lincoln Southwest 3-2.
Class A Girls – Gretna vs. Millard North – Tuesday, May 18th @ 5:00 PM
Gretna – #2 Seed (20-1)
Road To The Finals
- Quarterfinals – Defeated Kearney 4-1
- Semifinals – Defeated Lincoln East 2-1 SO
- #3 Madelyn White – Sophomore attacker that has stood out in the most important of moments. White is a force on the side with a nonstop motor. She has scored 14 goals and assisted 16 times this year. With her, it looks like another division one prospect will be coming out of Gretna.
- #12 Savannah De Fini – Junior forward for the Dragons that will be at the top of our watch list next season. She has a special instinct for finding the back of the net. 23 goals and 16 assists for the 2021 season.
- #24 Sarah Weber – The senior star and record setter controls the midfield for the Dragons. She is the undisputed best player every time she steps on the field. Weber is the player of the year on the girls side with 47 goals (not a typo) and 29 assists (also not a typo).
- #25 Taylor Daffer – Defenders are not appreciated or recognized enough by the overall soccer community. So much of what they do is hard to quantify, yet so important. Daffer is a game changer and will be a wonderful addition to Creighton at the next level.
Millard North – #8 Seed (13-7)
Road To The Finals
- Quarterfinals – Defeated #1 seed Lincoln Southwest 1-0 SO
- Semifinals – Defeated Omaha Marian 2-1
- #7 Campbell Zimmers – Senior midfielder that has committed to play at South Dakota at the next level. She is one of the state’s best and a major reason why the Mustangs are in this position. Zimmers has 18 goals and 6 assists this season.
- #14 Sena Ahovissi – Senior forward for the Mustangs that has a few of the best highlights this year. However, her game is much more than those snap shots. Her on the ball skill and off ball movement set her apart. Sena has 18 goals and 2 assists to her name. She will need to find a few more in this last game.
NEST Analysis: A finals matchup involving teams with polar opposite stories. One expected to be in this game and the other had only themselves to rely upon. Anything less than a championship appearance would have been a disappointment for Gretna, we wrote as much at the beginning of the year. Those were lofty expectations but their talent dictated and eventually justified those statements. The Dragons delivered in style with their beautiful style of play and showmanship. They are going to be on the attack, expect a determined squad from the opening whistle.
On the other side of the pitch, perhaps a team of destiny. Hovering around the .500 mark all season, very few saw Millard North being in the championship game. To be here, the Mustangs had to defeat Gretna in the district finals which came down to a shootout. It took longer than most, but North has figured out their system and really come together as a team. Now it is time to stay disciplined and look for one of their top goal scorers to rise to the occasion.
Prediction: Millard North is such a wonderful story, and they have found a way over and over again. However, they just defeated Gretna, giving the Dragons an added sense of motivation. Gretna wins 3-1 with Sarah Weber getting 2 of those goals.
Thank you for reading and being a part of our new community. A like, share, comment or recommendation of content would be greatly appreciated. In order to financially support our efforts, sponsorship/partnership opportunities have become available. Sponsors will receive vast exposure to the Nebraska soccer community through different media avenues. The sponsorship process is easy and reasonable.
Contact us on our website or email @ firstname.lastname@example.org.