At Nebraska Soccer Talk, we love covering everything soccer related. For the most part, that means covering games and providing analysis/opinions. However, our overall mission and purpose is far reaching and ambitious. Our goal is to bring the soccer community closer together through collaboration and communication. There are countless people that deserve recognition for their efforts as a player, official, or coach. Throughout the season, we will be highlighting these individuals through our Get To Know Me articles.
This will be a series made up of three different components. All of which are meant to bring attention to the soccer community.
- Get To Know Me (Coach Edition) – These individuals are responsible for building their programs, growing the game of soccer, and mentoring the next generation. We look forward to learning about their lives and philosophies.
- Get To Know Me (Player Edition) – This article series will focus on high school juniors and seniors that have demonstrated themselves to be quality players and people. With these features, our community will learn about some of the most impressive players in the state.
- Future of the Game – This article series will focus on the freshmen and sophomore classes. These are players that we will be covering for years to come.
Thank you to every individual that provided information for this idea. We appreciate your thoughtful and timely responses.
Parent(s)/Guardian(s): Patrick Kirk and Nancy Kirk
High School Soccer Team: Elkhorn South Girls Soccer Team
Club Team: I play for Midwest Premier Academy on the 04 girls NPL team (shoutout coach Doug and Digger!)
Grade: I am currently a junior.
What is your favorite subject in school? Why? My favorite subject would have to be chemistry. Something about balancing equations is just fun for me.
What are your future plans? My future plan is to attend college and play division 1 soccer. The challenging part is finding the correct school!
Who’s your favorite soccer player and why?
My favorite soccer player would have to be Alex Morgan. She’s just been a huge inspiration to me since I was a young girl. I basically grew up watching her. I think she’s a great female icon for women of all ages. And she wears #13 (which is my number too.)
Throughout your high school career, you have undoubtedly learned many lessons and matured as a player. Based on those lessons and experiences, give three pieces of advice to your freshman self.
I have learned so much and the three things I would say would be as follows:
- Hard work pays off, so if you’re always working your hardest and doing your best good things will come.
- You pave your own path for your future, so block out what others have to say.
- Being a good teammate is just as important as being a good player individually, so always make sure you’re on the same page as your peers.
Who has helped you become the player that you are today? How did they help you? Is there anything you would like to tell them?
There has honestly been too many people to count. All of my coaches, family, and friends have had huge impacts on me and my love for the game of soccer. The girls who I play with on my club team have definitely been the most impactful. Some of my teammates have been playing soccer with me since the age of 5. I wouldn’t give up the time spent with them for anything. I’ve learned so many lessons and shared tons of memories with those girls and they have not only made me the person I am today, but have also increased my love and skill in regards to soccer.
Could you see yourself coaching soccer someday? Is that a path that you are interested in following? If so, why?
I could definitely see myself coaching soccer one day. I plan to have kids and they will definitely be playing as soon as they can kick a ball, and I don’t think I’d mind being their coach too!
Thank you for reading and being a part of our new community. A like, share, comment or recommendation of content would be greatly appreciated. In order to financially support our efforts, sponsorship/partnership opportunities have become available. Sponsors will receive vast exposure to the Nebraska soccer community through different media avenues. The sponsorship process is easy and reasonable.
Contact us on our website or email @ email@example.com.
Connect with us on Twitter, Instagram, or listen to our podcast.