- Gretna has quality all over the field; it is truly difficult to find a weak spot in this squad. That depth is playing a factor in the 12-1 record for the Dragons.
- Lincoln Southwest has the genuine ability to win the title this year. The only undefeated team left in Class A boys, has earned their front-runner status. Wins over Grand Island, Millard West, Lincoln High, Omaha Skutt, and Kearney catch your attention rather quickly. Braden Lackey and Eli Rhodes are studs for this program.
- The mighty can falter, but they rarely fall completely. Thus is the case with Omaha South as they suffered their first loss of the season against Creighton Prep. The Packers quickly bounced back with a comfortable victory over Omaha Westside. Packers are 10-1 this season.
- Creighton Prep has been a tough team to understand during the 2021 season. A traditional powerhouse with undeniable talent and tradition, the Jr. Jays will always be in the title conversation. A 8-4 record is good, but looking deeper adds a bit of concern. Four overtimes and two additional shootouts mean that the margin between victory and defeat has been razor thin for this program. They are a Top 10 team, but Top 5 is up for debate.
- Lincoln East is a contender, but can they truly make post-season noise? Would love to see them collect a top tier victory in the near future. An upcoming game against Kearney High will be a big opportunity.
- Coach Sean Murphy and the Fremont Tigers have a bright future ahead. A 5-6 record on the surface does not bring rave reviews. However, if one examines the circumstances, our optimism makes sense. This is an incredibly young team that is building a foundation as they gain Class A soccer experience. Caleb Kirby will be a goalkeeping name to know for the future.
- The Millard South boys are making their coach’s last year one to remember. Jim Cooney is set to retire after this season after a storied career with the program. The Patriots sit at 8-4 and have legitimate post-season hopes.
- Coach Juan Aguirre has Millard West on the cusp of a state birth. The Wildcats are building back their title reputation after a few years adrift.
- The season started a tad rough for Grand Island with consecutive defeats to Lincoln Southwest, Lincoln East, and Omaha South. Despite the 0-3 start, our belief in GI remained high. The Islanders have found their winning ways with six victories in the last seven games.
- Lincoln High is my dark horse to make it to state this season. They will most likely be a #2 or #3 seed during districts, but they will be a team that no one wants to play. It helps to have a superb talent like Ian Becerra on the roster.
Thank you for reading and being a part of our new community. A like, share, comment or recommendation of content would be greatly appreciated. In order to financially support our efforts, sponsorship/partnership opportunities have become available. Sponsors will receive vast exposure to the Nebraska soccer community through different media avenues. The sponsorship process is easy and reasonable.
Contact us on our website or email @ firstname.lastname@example.org.